Our staff of knowledgeable, experienced physical therapists provide individualized care for patients of all ages when medical problems or other health-related conditions limit their ability to move and function in their daily lives. Our physical therapists will examine you and develop an individualized treatment plan to increase your ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. The goals of physical therapy are to improve mobility (such as walking, climbing up stairs, or getting in and out of bed), to relieve pain, and to restore physical function and overall fitness.
Depending on your injury, disease, or condition, you may need to work on flexibility, strength, endurance, coordination, and/or balance. To do this, your treatment may focus on preventing problems or treating problems that affect:
- Your muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones (musculoskeletal system).
- Your nerves and related muscles (neuromuscular system).
- Your heart and related blood vessels (cardiovascular system).
- Your lungs and breathing (pulmonary system).
- Your skin, including wounds and burns.